Environmental Policy – Reviewed: 10th January 2023
South East Site Engineers Ltd (SESE) is an engineering company that specialise in civil engineering, surveying and construction management for building projects in and around London.
At SESE we have recognised many of the negative impacts we have on the environment through our activities as a construction company, and are consciously addressing this on a daily basis by reviewing and continuously improving on our activities.
As instructors in the built environment, our main environmental concerns are in how we manage waste both in the office and on site, how we travel from site to site, and how we manage our sales and purchases.
As our services are based in central London, we have many feasible options available to us when it comes to choosing our modes of transport and have addressed this by making electric and hybrid vehicles our preferred mode of transport. These modes will always be considered first before other transport means are considered based on team safety being paramount.
We believe by using electric and hybrid vehicles, we will have the lowest carbon footprints in our field; hence have made this our primary environmental mode of transport.
Through a commitment to the Environmental Protection (duty of care) Regulations 1991 our longer term objectives are to:
- Continuously improve our Site Waste Management Plans.
- Maximise the use of low emissions sustainable travel.
- Comply with both the CDM Regulations 2015 and ISO14001 legislation.
- Ensure that our staff and clients remain aware of our environmental policy.
- Support innovation and the use of sustainable resources.
- To ensure staff are aware of this policy, we encourage them not just to read it but to partake in its formation and review; as it is up to them to make this work.
- To make existing and potential clients, suppliers and other interested parties aware of this policy we have a copy of it prominently placed in our office and on our website.
- To ensure we are acting promptly both on the feedback we receive and on innovative ideas generally, this document will be reviewed annually by the director.